Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water has the potential to be extremely damaging to a property in a lot of ways. When your Ozaukee County home has water damage from flooding, seepage, or leaks, you need the company that can respond immediately and has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property fast. SERVPRO of Ozaukee County uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help us find the moisture and remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal. Water damage can happen to anyone; SERVPRO of Ozaukee County will go through the restoration process with you and get your home back to preloss condition. Call us today, 262-242-8888.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (262) 242-8888
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.