Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
If you are dealing with fire damage, the experienced team at SERVPRO of Ozaukee County is ready to respond. Since we are locally owned and operated, we are prepared and are able to respond quickly. Immediate action and a fast response can limit damage, prevent further damage and reduce restoration costs.
Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small, residential and commercial. Our teams are prepared with strategically located equipment in case of a fire emergency anywhere in Ozaukee County and Southeast Wisconsin.
Choose SERVPRO of Ozaukee County, a local company that specializes in fire, water and storm damage restoration. We are Here to Help® and ready to respond to fire, wind and soot conditions in Ozaukee County or anywhere else in Southeast Wisconsin. Call 262-242-8888 for your fire cleanup needs.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (262) 242-8888
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.